I went in to this article not knowing what technomedia even was. I learned that it is
defined by interoperability between devices usually using the internet as the connective medium. Specific media were connected to certain technologies. It refers to the fluidity between various media and technologies. I thought about all of the outlets to the internet I have. I have my navigation system in my car, an Iphone, macbook,and an Itouch. I can't believe all of the ways we are able to access the internet! Technomedia does not replace one another - they work within each other. Technology today relies heavily on multitasking. Today our cell phones not only call people, we can text message, surf the internet, play games, take pictures, check our email, navigation, alarm clock, Mp3 player, etc. Another thing I learned when reading the article was Hot/Cold Media. Hot media is information at the disposal of the human user-books,photography and radio. Cold media is detailed information which requires humans to engage actively in order to receive what is transmitted.
Super interesting stuff. It amazes me to think about all that goes into a cell phone or video gaming system now, not to mention a PC. Honestly, what is the distinction between all three if any? All three do the same thing to some extent. What does the future hold. Assuming the trend continues, what will even differentiate different companies, Sony will offer the exact same thing Apple and LG offer, meaning that people will choose their products based less on what that product offers, but rather how that product is marketed. Great insight on the topic and well worth reading.
ReplyDelete