Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The End Of The Books

Before I read this article, I thought it was going to be discussing the end of books in the sense that we now read a majority of things through the internet or how they are coming out with things such as the Kindle to download your books onto. As I read the article I realized it was much different than that. I felt it was a little complex and hard to comprehend what it was they were going for. The article was more about the textual era of innovation in the form of the web. It then begins discusses hypertext composition. Hypertext is not a system but a generic term coined a quarter of century ago by a computer populist. Hypertext provides multiple paths between texts and segments. I thought this was interesting because I never really knew what a hypertext was. I don't know if it is just me, but I find these article to be a little hard to comprehend, I feel like people who read these article tend to be more familiar with the topics and since I am not I find myself to be a little lost and confused.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pink9!

    I completely agree that the article was a little complex and hard to comprehend. The article consistently mentions hypertext; however, it never gives a clear definition of this term. I was confused too. Luckily, I was still able to understand the article. We stand United! :)

    I loved that you elaborated on hypertext by stating that it "provides multiple paths between texts and segments." The article did a great job at explaining the differences between the printed document and hypertext. Printed documents restrict a writer's creative capabilities. With hypertext, the possibilites are endless. HEY, it looks like a COMM degree and hypertext have something in common. :)

    Jay from the Bay

    ReplyDelete