Friday, April 8, 2011

Facebook redesigns the "Like" button

http://www.allfacebook.com/facebook-redesigns-like-button-2011-04



I thought this article was pretty humorous. There is a tiny difference in the like button - it now says "Like" with a check mark and to the right, it lists how many people have "Like"d it as well. Our world has become Facebook, and everytime there is a new change, usually people don't like it because it is harder to figure out at first. Another reason why I "liked" this article was because I definitely think that they should invent a "Dislike" button. I think it would be fun and especially for when people put up sad information through their Facebook. The other day, one of my friends on Facebook put her status as, "There should be a Nobody Cares Button," and I had to laugh because there are always those extreme Facebookers who need to put every bit and detail of their life through their Facebook page and there has been so many times where I want to comment, " is that really necessary to put online?" or "honestly do you think people care?" I think adding a Dislike and a Nobody Cares Button would be hilarious and fun and very well needed, and I think would get a lot of good use out of it.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you that a dislike and nobody cares button would be fun and most likely used a lot, but I think the reason Facebook hasn't started using this is because they are avoiding the promotion of negative interaction on their website. People might take it the wrong way and get their feelings hurt if a ton of people put "nobody cares" on their post. These twi things could also turn into online bullying and that is something Facebook definitely wants to avoid. Like I said although these two new buttons would be funny to use, they could possibly be taken the wrong way and cause some serious damage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't noticed the new Like button. One of my friends suggested a "Nobody Cares" button too and I'm sure Facebook will soon come out with a dislike button. While I agree that there are statuses that deserve that "Nobody Cares" button, I think it would create more drama on Facebook. Dislike is more tolerable because people can agree with the negative statuses that their friends post. Think about the issues that we have read about in this class in regards to people's self-esteem and online personalities, etc. There might be fewer people on Facebook if they end up seeing that a lot of people don't care about their statuses.

    ReplyDelete