Friday, April 15, 2011

Mom Left Suicide Note On Facebook

A 25 year old mother from New York drove her car into the Hudson River on Tuesday killing herself and 3/4 of her children. The 25-year-old mom apologized for her actions in a cryptic Facebook message before driving her minivan into the frigid waters of the Hudson River. She wrote: “I’m so sorry everyone forgive me please for what I’m gonna do…. This Is It!!!!” The message posted to her page via a Blackberry, and was written at around 7:13 pm Tuesday, half an hour before the fatal plunge. She had been seen speeding through an intersection. Police later revealed that Armstrong was charged with child endangerment last February when one of her boys was found wandering the streets half naked. I could not believe this story. It is the most horrible thing and how unfair for the children, and to leave a note via Facebook is awful.

1 comment:

  1. This is creepy. A similar event happened to my room mate's coworker last week, when a very public breakup went viral and ended violently. The coworker's boyfriend posted a status update saying something to the effect of how everything was over and how there would be consequences. Turned out he wasn't bluffing, as the next day he stormed into her office with a knife and got in some pretty devastating blows before being taken down by police and security. I see Facebook and Twitter as the new age diary or journal, so I'm not surprised to see these kinds of interactions on the social networking site.

    ReplyDelete