Hi class,
I am a second semester Junior at SJSU, majoring in Communications with a minor in Radio Television Broadcasting. I am currently interning at NBC and would love to eventually become a news anchor. This is now my fifth class online and I finally feel like I have gotten the hang of it. I can't wait to graduate next year and begin my career journey!
Hey there,
ReplyDeleteI think thats awesome that your interning at NBC. Especially if you want to be a news anchor in the ftuture, having that experience will definitelt come in handy. The networking there will definitely help lead to many opportunities :)
I know news anchors who started as interns for certain places even for newspapers, and they are now sports anchors and loving their job.
Having your major in Communication Studies and a minor in RTVF compliment each other because in order to be a great news anchor, communication skills are a must in order to go far in the field.
Hope you land the job as a news anchor for the place you want.
-little miss daisy
OMG you are interning at NBC, I volunteered there last year for election night and it was pretty cool. Did they change their location because it looks like that have a new and improved studio since I be there. Also how did you apply because I looking to intern for the summer because I am a journalism major and an internship is required to graduate.
ReplyDelete-Sir Keithington
- little miss daisy
ReplyDeleteDo you know any sports anchors?! That is awesome!
-Sir Keithington
Yes. I intern at NBC in San Jose on first street. They just remodeled the news room so that is why it looks different!! I actually got my internship through a friend who was interning there. I am in the advertising department but I just moved over to production. We aren't looking for interns until May. So apply then!!
Congrats on the intern! How do you like working there? How did you hear about the intern at NBC? I hope that they hire you on full-time so that you can live your career dream! Well, I'm glad to know we have a Spartan representing the NBC! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you! :) I actually was just applying to every news station in San Jose, and one of my friends at school got an internship at NBC and he talked to the man who hired him and got me an internship too. Sometimes it is all who you know! I really like working there and it is a great experience, and I am getting units for graduation as well.
ReplyDeleteWow! Congrats on your internship! Glad you're enjoying the experience and hopefully this will prove to be a huge stepping stone for you and reaching your dream of becoming a news anchor!
ReplyDeleteHey there!
ReplyDeleteI just happened to be reading blogs and saw I never responded to your question because I never checked for some reason. I am sooo sorry!
So I don't personally know any,however the main sports anchor I was implying is Amy Guiterrez, she's the (woman)sportscaster/anchor for the SF Giants. She does all the interviews with the players. She's been doing it for years now. Her husband is Paul Guiterrez who is the head in the Sports department for the Sacramento Bee newspaper. At least I knew he's been for years, and I believe he still is.
Would you be willing to be a sports anchor?
I can look into it for you, or if you talk to NBC, there's a guy there named Raj Mathai who's done interviews and announcements for the Giants and other teams as well I believe.
Hope all is well! :)
~little miss daisy